Sunday, May 29, 2011

Let the blogging begin.

Well, just in case anyone actually reads this, I suppose I should introduce myself and say something about what this blog will be about.

My name is Andrea, and I am married with a teenaged daughter.  My husband and daughter are incredible people, and I'm sure some bragging will find it's way here.  We have another member of the family who walks on four legs.  She is a sweet Golden named Crystal, aka Cre Cre, or just Cre.

Six years ago I retired from a wonderful but very time consuming career.  In the ensuing years, I picked up hobbies that I enjoyed, but hadn't had enough time for while working.  Now it seems like there is not enough time for all my hobbies.

I enjoy both fashion sewing and home dec sewing and design.  I am fortunate to have a room dedicated to the hobbies that my daughter and I pursue.  It is a bright, creative space, but cozy at the same time.  It also serves as a guest room when we have company, so there is also a twin bed in there.

Cooking is another passion, and I have been collecting family recipes, as well as some from friends, for the cookbook I hope to complete someday.

On this blog, my intention is to document and share the things I make, whether in the kitchen or sewing room, as well as some occasional home design thrown in.  If my daughter lets me, which isn't very likely, I would love to share some of her art also.  By the way, she came up with the name for this blog.

Since I am completely new to this blogging thing, I have much to learn.  I really enjoy reading other's blogs, so I hope mine becomes a good read.

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading!


Andrea

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blog land. I'm looking forward to reading about and seeing your projects. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Debbie, I hope to post some pics tonight after a girls night out.
    I'm so motivated to do more tops now after my first FBA. Still don't know what took me so long. (rolls eyes)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Sadly, comment moderation and word verification had to be turned on due to excess spam.