Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sew happy!

Tonight I did my very first FBA.  Why it took me so long to do it, I just don't know.  Impatience, probably.  I read every source I could find on the internet, and watch You Tube videos on the subject.  I found the Blog Stitches and Seams, by Debbie Cook, to be most helpful.  Her explanations and pics are the best, and gave me the hootzpah to finally do it.  I just tissue fitted, no muslin, and went right to the fashion fabric.  It was inexpensive/on sale gauze that I was using.  I wanted to make a simple top to throw on over my bathing suit top.  We are going to get some beach time in next week since SCHOOL IS OUT (yay).  It went quite well for my first FBA, even though I had to add in a full 5 inches, but it was a simple top.  I am pleased with it, and would give it a solid 8.5/10.  I have not yet decided if I am going to throw a quick elastic waist in the top.  I will try it on with a couple other bottoms tomorrow and decide, but I am leaning toward putting it in.

The bonus of the successful FBA is that it motivated me to dig through my UFO pile.  I found a lime green skirt that I made a year ago, but never put the hook and eye on, because I just didn't have a good top to wear with it, nor did I have a good slip to wear with it.  It looks great with my new top that fits my girls well.  However, I do want to make a slight change to it, which I will do tomorrow.  And I may just line it.... 

Pics to follow on all of this tomorrow.  For now I am going to bed happy with my sewing progress tonight.


Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Sadly, comment moderation and word verification had to be turned on due to excess spam.