Sunday, August 28, 2011

Good News, Bad News

I guess I start with the bad news, so I can end on a positive note.

There has been a marked lack of sewing and blogging in the last week.  I've been 'under the weather', and have not been able to muster up much sewing.  Today my DH made me his famous 'egg soup': chicken broth with eggs whipped and stirred into the boiling broth, with some 'special' seasoning.  Curative, it is, I tell you.  After I had the egg soup, I got up and made a pillow for my sewing room bed, and a few fabric pouches for my "Make a Gift on the 25th" commitment (see button on sidebar).  Then I reclined on the pillow I had made while unpicking a waistband on a skirt for DD that needs a waistband redo.   


What's the good news?

Well, one sewing related thing I've been able to do while infirm is shop online.  How did we ever live without the internet?  I purchased several patterns, including the J. Sterns "Tee" pattern, a dress with a princess bodice and trousers from Hot Patterns, and a few big 4 - the latter consist of various princess seamed tops, both knit and woven, as well as a dress.  I bought a couple of fitting DVD's from PR, which will give me something to do if this silly business goes on much longer.

I've also had plenty of time to catch up on my reading, from magazines, books, to blogs.  The new Threads came, and had a great article on a skirt lining method that makes it easier to alter the skirt waistband size if need be.  I liked the method even if I don't need to alter the size of a skirt.  I plan to use it on a skirt that I recently made but removed the yoke - a post for another day.  The new Burda came also.  It didn't do anything for me, though.

Oh, and I signed up for Pinterest today.  I have to spend some time playing with it and learning how to best use it, but in just a few moments today, I could tell that it is potentially addictive. 

In other good news, all my friends that were in Irene's path are fine, and most have power back, thank God.

Hopefully the week ahead will be a better one, and involve some sewing.

Until then, be well!

Andrea














1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better this week. Nice to have a bed in your sewing room.
    In my world reading about sewing, planning sewing, and shopping for sewing, IS sewing. Cheer up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Sadly, comment moderation and word verification had to be turned on due to excess spam.