Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Jo-Ann's iPhone App, Blogger App & Other Stuff

I may be behind the times. In case I'm not the only sewist on the planet who was unaware that Jo-Ann's has an iPhone App with COUPONS, I thought I'd mention it. The lady who cut my fabric purchase today told me about it, so I downloaded it in the checkout line. I was able to use a 50% off coupon, better than the 40% I had in hand. I've included a screen shot of the App.

In other iPhone App news, Blogger recently came out with an App. I am using the new Blogger App for the first time to make this post while waiting in line. I'm not yet sure how well it works, time will tell. As far as I can tell, I can view, edit, or delete any previous posts, in addition to making new posts. I can add pics from my phone's library, or take new ones from within the app. It appears to be pretty basic, but good for a quick post here and there.

In the non-App department, I was overjoyed to receive a new Reliable V50 Iron from the company yesterday. I've not as yet had a chance to use it, but I'll be sure to post about it when I do.

My quick trip to JoAnn's today was only semi-fruitful. I wanted two Vogue patterns, but they had only one. I wanted two particular fabrics, but they had only one. A pretty typical JoAnn's trip..... The bonus though was that I picked up a nice piece of poly/rayon flannel suiting in a deep gray for a Florida winter coat. In general, I find the apparel fabric section at the closest JoAnn's to be rather sparse. Lots of quilting and home dec, though.

I would love to get in some quality sewing time tonight, but I am bone tired. I've learned that when I'm this tired, cooking and sewing don't turn out well. It's looking like a good night to read and relax.

We have a fundraiser on Saturday and a College Fair on Sunday, and lots of life stuff going on this week, so I'm not sure when I'll have time to sew. Hopefully I can sneak some time in before the weekend. ;)

Be well,

Andrea

****Update:  Edited on the computer to fix the crazy formatting in the post title.  Apparently Blogger doesn't like apostrophes in the title?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update on the apps. I love the Michaels app because I never remember to bring my coupons to the store. Now they on my phone. I want to check out the blogger app. We don't have Joann in Canada. We have Fabricland. And as much as you all complain about Joann, Fabricland is so much worse!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Sadly, comment moderation and word verification had to be turned on due to excess spam.