Thursday, October 20, 2011

Simplicity 2285 Cape

Since the weather is cooler, I thought I'd post about a cape I made at the end of last winter. I never actually wore it as our winters are short, and I didn't have good pictures. That happened to be my first ever review on Pattern Review, which I will update with better pics.

S2285 has been reviewed just a few times on PR:
Capes seem to be pretty popular right now in the stores.

Here are some pics from tonight after dinner. The upper right picture? We had just eaten the very best Mexican food in town! In taking these pics, I realized the cape is shorter in the front. I don't believe that was intended, but rather the effect of not doing an FBA. If you look at the picture of the back, you can see it comes to right below my bum. The shoulders are shaped, and fit nicely, but I did alter for that fit. This is unlined, and that's ok, but it would be so nice if it were lined.


The collage below are detail shots. I used snaps rather than buttons & buttonholes - the buttons are purely decorative. I have decided I dislike the buttons and intend to swap them out, or perhaps use a frog closure.


I don't think I will make this cape again, only because my next cape will be longer, closer to knee length, such as McCall's 5987, a sort of cape/wrap combo.

The pants I'm wearing are a grey Ponte from last year, Ann Taylor. They are comfortable and easy to wear. It's nice to pull out the cooler weather clothes and be comfortable in them. Ahhhh, love the cooler air.

My review of this cape on PR is here:. I will be updating the picture on my review.

Have a wonderful day,

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Sadly, comment moderation and word verification had to be turned on due to excess spam.