Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Stocking Up and Planning

No sewing going on, but here and there I've been stocking up both the pattern stash and fabric stash. Today I had 45 minutes free while waiting to pick up my daughter, so used that time productively...at Hancock's Fabrics.


I picked up several patterns that were on my wish list, as well as a couple pieces of fabric. They had a decent selection of Ponte - the poly/rayon/spandex type that I prefer. Of note, they had both embossed, printed, and solid. I picked up a cream colored solid. Exciting, I know, but I want to make a turtle/cowl neck top in off white.

Also in the off-whitish realm, I snagged an Ivory stretch lace, enough for a tee, but I have no immediate plans for it - I just liked it. I'm betting my daughter will have designs for that one.

Today's pattern purchases were all Butterick and Vogue. Butterick 5666 is a See & Sew pattern for a long sleeved, waterfall cardigan, the type that are so popular in RTW these days. I own a RTW cardi just like it in the yummiest fabric, and I'd love another. (And I'm pretty sure the one I have will soon be stolen by DD now that the weather is cooling off.)

Next is B5688, pretty jammies and nighties, specifically to use up some fabrics in the stash. Someday soon, hopefully.

B5695 is a glove pattern for costume purposes, for DD.

Vogue 1275 is a long sleeved, princess seamed T-shirt with ruching of the center panel. I am hoping the ruching works as camouflage in the Battle of the Bulge, if you know what I mean. The short sleeve version with shoulder ruffles does nothing for me.

Vogue 1279 made the cut, although I have no immediate plans for it, either. I like the princess lines of the jacket and skirt, which is the reason for the purchase. Looking at the pattern now, I realize there is no vent or slit in the back, which makes getting in and out of the car challenging. An easy fix, though, when I get around to working on this pattern.

Last night I couldn't sleep - all the things keeping me busy these days were whirling around my brain - so I shopped on my iPad until I fell asleep. So, I have more patterns coming...

Recently, Debbie Cook mentioned that she found stretch bengaline at JoAnn Fabrics, so I checked online and found it in some very nice colors. The packaging was very good, the shipping fast.
I have been hearing lots of positive reviews about the Style Arc Linda Pants pattern. SA recommends Stretch Bengaline for the Linda pants, and now that I have the fabric, I'll order the pattern. I'm looking forward to trying the Linda Pants.


As busy as the next few weeks are going to be, I am not expecting to have surplus time or energy left to sew. If I do, it'll be a bonus. :)

And before I turn in for the night, I just have to say I am so excited that a cold front is coming on through the area. It's sleep with the windows open kind of weather. It is supposed to be in the 50's at night and 70's during the day for the next few days. Glorious weather, and I love it!

Keep sewing, 'cause I'm living vicariously through you right now!

Andrea

2 comments:

  1. Love all your new patterns. Let me know if V1275 works as I have my own battle.

    I just wanted to share a recent find with you, McCalls 6436 is a fairly basic shirt pattern but the surprise is that it comes in cup sizes DD and DDD! Now maybe the buttons will not gape on my daughter's shirts.
    I won't get to it for a while as we too have the temperatures dropping and I need a jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Janlynn, I certainly will!
    Thanks for the tip on M6436 - DDD pattern pieces is like music to my ears. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Sadly, comment moderation and word verification had to be turned on due to excess spam.