Monday, December 5, 2011

The "Big" Tree and an Amazing Concert


Yesterday I spent the day decorating, then cleaning.  There was lots of glitter and debris to dust and vacuum after putting all those glittery ornaments on the tree!  And our dishwasher failed for the third time, full of dirty dishes, of course.  So we had to hand wash it all, as sometime today a new dishwasher is being delivered.  

I had so much fun decorating that I was still smiling when I was vacuuming.  I didn't realize it until my husband asked me while I was smiling.  ;) This morning I snapped a cell phone picture of our big tree.  It is in our music room, right in the center of the house where there is no ceiling.  I just love all the lights this time of year!




The evening was spent with friends.  We went to dinner and the Andrea Bocelli concert.  I snapped this pic with my cell phone before the concert began.  Our seats were great.  The concert was amazing.  Andrea Bocelli has a wonderful, graceful stage presence.  It was a full house at the Forum where our Lightning play, but once he started singing, I felt like I was the only one in the room.  His performance of Amazing Grace was particularly moving, as was Con Te Partiro.  The latter, also called 'Time to Say Goodbye', was sung by my mother's favorite local Tenor at her funeral.   The orchestra and conductor were also excellent, as were his guest female singers, one a Soprano, and the other, Heather Headly (? spelling) a woman I had never seen perform, who had a powerful, yet soulful voice.

Saturday afternoon we had family pictures taken outdoors, downtown by the river.  There was much giggling and cutting up, and I can't wait to see how they turn out.  Since we were all dressed nicely, we had to go out for dinner.  ;-)

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend.  I hope yours was as well.  

Andrea


2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! What a tree! It's huge, and decorated so perfectly. Can you come and do mine?
    I understand about the dishwasher. Mine died in July -- still waiting for a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Janlynn! It is a biggie. ;)
    Maybe Santa will bring you a new dishwasher?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Sadly, comment moderation and word verification had to be turned on due to excess spam.