Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Still Alive!

I have not fallen off the face of the earth!  But I cannot believe how fast the last 2 weeks have gone.  It has been a busier than normal December, with - y'know - stuff that interferes with sewing time.  I laid out the fabric for a pair of Linda Pants, but haven't even come close to cutting yet.  The lady who cleans my house (yeah, I'm pretty lucky that way!) actually dusted the fabric off today.  Bad sign.  Don't know if the pants will be a reality before Christmas, but I'm not stressing it.  If they get done, they get done.

Speaking of stuff that interferes with sewing time, there is way too much of that 'stuff' going on, but I am really trying to keep the balance.  Sometimes, you just have to go with the flow, y'know?



This weekend we are hosting another dinner at my house.  This is a continuation of the series where a group of ladies gets together to teach one of our mutual friends to cook.  It is incredible fun, and great therapy.  We laugh hysterically all night, and eat wonderful food in the midst of wonderful company.  We are having a 'White Elephant' gift exchange, which will, I'm sure, make for more laughs.  We will be having trays of Christmas Cookies for dessert.  My fabulous daughter, who is off for Christmas break already, has chipped in to bake for the party.  She is awesome, truly, and I love having her home.  DD is training for a road race that is after the holidays, so baking all those goodies is torture for her.  So nice of her to take one for the team.  ;)

At some point, there will need to be some Christmas shopping going on.  All I can say is thank goodness for online shopping and UPS.  An angry hip means no mall shopping for moi.  But that's ok, I am well versed in the art of online shopping.  : D

I'm definitely enjoying living vicariously through all the sewing blogs I read, mostly as I am falling asleep at night.  So, thank you to all those bloggers and pattern reviewers out there who keep sewing.

I have asked Santa Baby to bring me one of these.  Josephine is great, but she makes my pins sticky.

Tomorrow my girl is making cutout cookies on a stick and decorating them as gifts for some of the little ones in our lives.  I am sure they will be adorable, so I will post some pictures.  And perhaps an old, all-time favorite recipe.

Hope you are having a wonderful December!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Sadly, comment moderation and word verification had to be turned on due to excess spam.