Monday, June 25, 2012

Go Away Debby!

Or 'Debby Does Tampa' - well, all of Florida, actually.  It's been a rather wet and windy few days so far, but thankfully we haven't been hit by any tornados.

A few pictures:


I'm hoping the worst is over.  That red box indicates the tornado watch area.


A road between Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties - that water coming up is one of the bays.

This is Bayshore Boulevard.  The balustrades on the left are well above water level normally.  On the other side is the bay, usually much lower and calmer.  This street is a major thoroughfare in my part of town, and makes getting to one of our largest hospitals a challenge.  (Someone, a long time ago, had a really bright idea to build a hospital on an island.  In Florida.  Where flooding is not unusual.  At least the helicopters can get in.  Oh wait - never mind.  Too windy.)

Thankfully, we don't need to traverse this street, as it is impassable.  This picture is from yesterday.  The water level is higher today.

On the plus side, great weather for getting stuff done.  It's been a fun weekend inside, and I even sewed.  My family kept yanking me out of my studio to watch movies, but I'm gonna sneak up there right now and try to finish a top to go with my new skirt.

Hope your weather is more agreeable than ours!









10 comments:

  1. This Debbie is not a fan of that Debby at all. I had no power all of yesterday and last night until 4 AM. Got home from work, went to the store, only to come home to no power again AND LOCKED OUT due to stupidly counting on garage door opener. Arghhhh. But it's back now, and hopefully for good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how miserable. I heard that there was also a tornado out your way. I hope your power stays on!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, I didn't realize that you are in Florida. I grew up in Galveston and have been through many hurricanes. Be safe. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas seems to get more than it's share of crazy weather as well. I'm seeing patches of blue sky, so hopefully this mess is moving on!

      Delete
  3. I was hoping you weren't in the path of Debby, I am glad you and your family are okay.

    Our weather isn't much better, no hurricanes, just an insane amount of rain, there is flooding in a lot of areas around us. We live quite high up, fortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it drying up where you are yet?
      We are all safe, our only casualty personally was an umbrella that the wind mangled.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you're OK. Lots of rain here too in the last few days but no winds or flood so I'm not complaining. Stay safe, I hope everything gets back to normal very soon. My thoughts are with you too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lise. We are getting there slowly!

      Delete
  5. OMG...that was some weather we had!!! I had to cross 60 (courtney campbell causeway) during those storms and that was soooo scary! Could you image if we actually had tropical storm/hurricane actually hit us here in Tampa??? We just got the effects the storm and that was bad enough!! Glad you were safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, Myra! I bet you were white knuckled the whole way across. I may have had to get a hotel room over there rather than cross. ;-) I am so glad you are ok also.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Sadly, comment moderation and word verification had to be turned on due to excess spam.