Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Green Smoothie Recipe


It's a simple recipe.  I kept it simple as this is my first green smoothie.  I was really surprised that it didn't taste like kale or spinach, but rather like the fruit that was in the smoothie.  I'm sure this can be adapted with lots of other additions.


Green Smoothie

3 large kale leaves, torn up (did not use the center ribs)
1 cup spinach (I used frozen)
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your milk of choice)
1 banana 
1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
1 heaping TBLSP flax seed meal
Crushed ice

Blend together the first 3 ingredients until the greens are well blended.  Add fruits and flax, blend well.  If smoothie needs to be colder, add a handful of crushed ice and blend.  Makes 1 large or 2 small servings.

Enjoy!

If you have a green smoothie recipe, please share.  


  


2 comments:

  1. That's actually very close to my basic "recipe" (I admit that I rarely measure anything unless I'm following someone's recipe, or baking)

    I always have a baggie of frozen bananas on hand (peeled), so I add those instead of ice cubes. Fresh pineapple is always good, so I always have one around when they're in season. Fresh spinach leaves and/or kale, almond milk (or some other milk). I usually add some organic raw maca powder or protein powder. Sometimes blueberries, celery....basically whatever's on hand! Oh, sometimes I toss in some nut butter too. Not ALL of those ingredients all at once; 5 or 6 at a time is good. It's always good if you use fresh ingredients. It would always be REALLY good if I would actually measure stuff, but....... ::shrug:::

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Sadly, comment moderation and word verification had to be turned on due to excess spam.