Friday, June 8, 2012

The Pendrell in Black Lace

Here it is, almost done. I had to give up, because I just couldn't see well enough to sew black lace any more. Tomorrow I need to try on the outfit and see where I want to hem the top. It's pretty long - I did not lengthen it at all. I also have to hem the skirt and hand stitch the waist facing down. I love how the skirt yoke turned out - more on that in another post. I'll do a full review of the top pattern another day, but for now - I like it a lot, however next time I make this, and there will be a next time, I need a sway back alteration. In my neck of the woods, it's been raining all day for days. I've lost count how many days. (Myra, are you over this rain yet?) It will probably be raining tomorrow also, so I've decided not to use my beautiful piece of silk as a wrap. I've got a bunch of other wraps and scarves to choose from. Time to hit the hay, as tomorrow will be a long day. Hey, look at that, I'm a poet. Sorry for the weird formatting. The new blogger format does not play well with the iPad, and I am laying in bed typing this on my iPad. It really bugs me - if you know a solution, (other than getting out of bed and using my laptop), please share! I'll try to get a picture of me wearing the outfit tomorrow. Have a fabulous weekend, Andrea

6 comments:

  1. The top looks great, really great. I am looking forward to seeing it on you, I think with the skirt yoke it will look fantastic on you. You didn't do the sleeve thingys, I think I like it better with out them. Good choice.

    How strange that we are on opposite sides of the continent and in the south and the north that both our areas are getting rain dumped on us. I don't know how long it has been here, but it seems like forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle. Yesterday was so busy I didn't get a good picture. I'll have to see if the photographer got a shot when he puts the pics up.

      Delete
  2. This is looking wonderful! You'll dazzle tonight, I'm sure :). And you must find another even to wear the silk with this outfit when you get it done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jillian, it was really comfortable to wear, and I received many compliments. Haven't yet decided what I'll do with the silk, but I'll find something. :-)

      Delete
  3. You pulled this together very nicely. The top and skirt look lovey together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Sadly, comment moderation and word verification had to be turned on due to excess spam.