Friday, December 14, 2012

Men of the Cloth

Hi there, yep, it's been awhile since I've posted, I'm alive - just lot's going on this time of year!  This evening I want to share something with my readers that I read on another blog and found interesting enough to pass along.  

Men of the Cloth is a documentary type film that is in the making by a woman named Vicki Vasilopoulis.  In order to raise money for production, she has a Kickstarter Campaign going.  Vicki posted a movie trailer video, which you can see by clicking the links on this page.  I thought the trailer was quite good, and would like to see the movie come to fruition.  If this sort of thing floats your boat, take a look!  (She only has about a week left to get funding!)

video here

An inspiring portrait of three Italian master tailors with a
passionate devotion to their Old World trade.


I have one other website to share with you. It has to do with underwear for men, so if this isn't your thing, you've been warned. I have been on a search for high quality whites for my hubby. The crap fabric and crap construction of the commonly available brands drives me insane. 




Flint and Tinder is a webstore that sells men's undershirts, underwear in several styles, as well as other items made in the US. It came about as a young fella's idea, and was also funded on Kickstarter. My husband never understood why I hated the quality of his whites, until he wore the flint and tinder shirts and shorts. In fact, he asked for more. Have to warn you, they are not cheap, but IMO, worth the price tag.

The only thing this second site has to do with sewing is that I have no intention of sewing my husband's underwear.  :-)

I do hope you are having a peaceful and wonderful holiday season, whether you celebrate Hanukkah, Christmas, or another winter holiday, and wherever you are.

My heart aches for the people of Newton, CT, and the families affected by such horror. My God keep them all in the palm of His hand.

Andrea




11 comments:

  1. I will check out that website. I am currently sewing my husband some underwear since I couldn't find him any that were worth buying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maureen, I'd love to see your sewn undies. Where do you source your fabric?

      Delete
  2. You gave me a good chuckle with "I have no intention of sewing my husband's underwear," statement. I had visions of the "perfect" housewife who sews everything for her family. I think Saturday Night Live did a skit about this woman back when they had a good program ;) Anyway....I am heading up to check out the site and see about ordering some for my husband. Great post. I miss you when you don't post, but love when you check in with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so not that woman!! I just got an email regarding my last order that they were out of white briefs in my husband's size, but black was available. I like white, so I will wait for re-stocking.

      Delete
  3. Ok, I'm bummed. The underwear is all out of stock. They need to give you a commission!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you!

    I would love to buy some of that underwear for The Husband, but he has no appreciation for quality. I do mean none. There is no point wasting a quality product on him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea, my family too is so very sadden by the horrific scene in the school and we're praying for those families affected. This situation will seriously impact they way we look at school safety in the future!

    FYI...your video link gives an "error" message. But I was able to find he video through google. I would love to see that documentary turned movie too and will pass the information along on my next post too! Thanks for the sharing! Have a wonderful Holiday if I don't get to see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know, Myra. Let's get together when life calms back down after the holidays!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the link to the site on Italian tailoring. I would love to see that movie, so I hope it gets made :)
    Men's underwear... hmmm that would be a new venture for me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn, you make beautiful undies for yourself - I can only imagine what you might do for your other half!
      I hope she gets fully funded for the movie!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Sadly, comment moderation and word verification had to be turned on due to excess spam.