Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bra-making Sew-Along

Amy over at Cloth Habit is hosting a Bra-making Sew Along, and yours truly is participating.  I have my pattern, and my findings and fabrics are making there way here via Canada Post from Bra-makers Supply.

It's long been a goal of mine to make well fitting bras.  I had recently purchased a pattern from Make Bra, with the intention of making a bra after the holiday hubaloo had settled down.  I was super excited when Amy announced her sew along and of course signed right up.  It is just what I needed at just the right time!  After signing up, I purchased a Danglez bra pattern "DB3", and have chosen this pattern for the sew along.



The part on the side that is continuous with the strap?  Amy tells me this is called a "Power Bar", a term that was new to me.  I am most curious about the underwire fitting, because that is the part that always bothers me with rtw bras - the underwires just don't seem right to me.  

Anyhow, stay tuned, and sign up if you are interested in bra making!  By the way, Amy has a free undies pattern on her blog available for download, the "Rosy Ladyshorts".  It's a cute undies pattern.


In other sewing news, I made a long sleeve Nike Dri-Fit workout top, just in time for the thermometer to reach the 80's again.  What's up with that?  My top is awaiting some coverstitching to finish it up, which is on my agenda first thing tomorrow.  

See you soon,

Andrea


2 comments:

  1. I probably should get into making bras because, frankly, I have to search heaven and earth to find anything that remotely fits. But I wanna crack some of the other sewing nuts first so it'll have to wait. I will be very interested to see how you go and what you learn too so please do post about it.

    BTW the pic in our post isn't showing up - just a little square thingy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, thanks for letting me know about the picture. If you click on the word Danglez it takes you to the source. Sometimes this blogger stuff is a bugger! I can see the pic on my computer but not on my iPhone. Ugh.

      I am excited to get into the fitting and sewing of my first bra. I will definitely post about it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Sadly, comment moderation and word verification had to be turned on due to excess spam.