Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spring!

Ok, maybe it's not spring yet where you are just yet, but well, in Florida, our spring has definitely arrived, as evidenced by the green pollen coating cars and patio furniture. Heck, you may be headed into autumn where you live! Nonetheless, we are fast approaching the spring equinox, and regardless of any lingering snow, it will be spring in the northern hemisphere, at least officially.

This afternoon I had to visit my favorite fabric store and see my favorite fabric proprietress, Marisu. I picked out two lovely items, only one of which I can show today. It reminded me of sunny, warm days, and I'm thinking a sleeveless top with the 'stripes' running vertical, something with a drapey front. We shall see. ;-)

Happy {almost} Spring,

Andrea



10 comments:

  1. What kind of fabric is that? I love the print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a poly chiffon, very crepe like feel.

      Delete
  2. Reminds me of that lovely scene in The Wizard of Oz when Dorothy finds herself in a field of poppies. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for bringing some color into my life! All is gray and brown outdoors here in New England. Although we did have sunshine today. This fabric is so cheery. It will be fun to see what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice choice of colors and design,if I'm not mistaken the prints are flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, that is such pretty fabric! I love the idea of running the stripes vertically.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love RhondaBuss' description! It s spot on! I like this fabric too because it truly does help you think spring! I wish I had bumped into you, I was there on a recent Friday and unfortunately didn't know she has "special" hours for appointments only! She was kind enough to let me in anyway so I could make a purchase! I know better now! Anyway, I would love to see your new creation with this fabric in person! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog. Where are you in FL? I am in Clearwater and am curious as to what your favorite fabric store is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow this is lovely. Very spring like too. Can't wait to see the top - no pressure though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, I have a 'sketch' in my mind, and now that it is warming up, I may just get to making it. Sheesh, it's been so cold this week!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Sadly, comment moderation and word verification had to be turned on due to excess spam.