Sunday, September 1, 2013

Trying Times

This summer my little blog has suffered from a lack of attention from moi.  It was a busy summer for me and my family. The busy summer was good busy and fun busy, exciting times looking at colleges, traveling, and spending time with my girl. Spending time with family and our fun little nieces and nephew.

Two weeks ago fun summer ended and school began, senior year for our daughter. Along with the beginning of school and her birthday came something much less welcome. Our daughter started a new medication which caused a type of meningitis - a noninfectious type. The first two weeks of school have been hell for her - she is very stressed - AP classes, college apps, etc.  What we don't know is how long it will take for the inflammation and symptoms to subside. 

So for the time being, my focus is helping my daughter through this trying time. My sewing machines and the blog will gather some more dust. When life is back to 'normal', I'll be back. If you're the praying type, please keep my girl in your prayers.



10 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that, Andrea! Healing wishes for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren is such a sweet young woman and she has two incredible parents who love her:) The candle is lit and it reminds me to "pray without ceasing." Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Andrea, give your girl a hug for me. What an awful time for something like this to happen. I am sending healing thoughts her way. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Andrea. What a worry for you and and what a bad break for your daughter. Having been a high school teacher for many years, I know how stressful senior year can be .I send a prayer to you and your lovely daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very bad time for Lauren! I am definitely sending prayers to you and your family! Feel better soon Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your daughter gets to heal and recuperate soon. You are both in my prayers and heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea, my thoughts are with you and your beautiful daughter, and my prayers as well. My son had encephalitis his senior year of high school. While everyone's experience is different, I can relate to much of what you are all going through now. Should you want to talk or write, please do...hugs.

    cocos.loft@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea, I have been and will continue to pray for your daughter and your family to get through this trying time. We'll all be here when things return to normal for you. Good luck my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Andrea, I just found your blog. Thank you some much for allowing me to learn as I follow your sewing blog. I've been wanting to make a bra and seen your post on the Shelley Bra pattern. May I ask where you purchased the fabric or did you buy a kit. I went to Bra makers supply website they sells the pattern 20.00 and also a kit for 28.00 with all the supplies to make a bra. I was wondering if that's the best way to make my first one?
    Blessings,
    love2sew

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!