Monday, October 7, 2013

Garment a Month Challenge



The lovely Sarah Liz of SarahLizSewStyle is hosting a garment a month challenge. I have been in need of some motivation lately to get some garments made, so this is just the thing! Come on over, grab a button, and join the challenge.

I am in desperate need of some new clothes, as I have just a few things recently purchased and a few things I've made that fit.  This weekend I went through my patterns and pulled a stack of patterns up for consideration, and have been culling that stack down to a reasonable number, with the emphasis on the basics, because basics are what I need at the moment. I ordered a few patterns from the most recent BMVsale, as well. Unfortunately, all of my Style Arc Patterns are out of the running because I've gone down a few sizes and don't want to grade them down.  I am throwing a couple of indie patterns in the mix, along with the usual suspects. Losing weight has only one downside that I can think of: TNT patterns are no longer TNT. But I can live with that.  Time for some new TNT patterns!  I'll be back next week with a list and a plan, if all goes well.

October started off with some sewing - a Magic Pencil Skirt that is awaiting hemming, and a blouse muslin that still needs a little work.  There are some UFO's floating around the studio that need finishing; my goal with those is to complete one a month until all UFO's are FO's. I don't have too many, thankfully. A very dear friend's dad passed away this morning; I will be traveling to the funeral, and need something to wear. After I click post, I am headed up to the studio to pull out a LBD UFO to see if I can make that work. Cross your fingers and wish me luck!

Until next week, happy sewing!

Andrea



4 comments:

  1. I certainly will wish you well for the month, Andrea. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's dad.

    You plans sound good - basics are what we need. I'll post an update later this week on everyone's plans.

    Crystal looks lovely - retrievers are such beautiful dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your friend's Dad. Funerals are so emotionally difficult.

    Good news though about your continued weight loss, you must be feeling so much better now, mentally and physically. I have temporarily given up the battle, and I am just working out in order to deal with stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to be losing weight and forced to buy new patterns :-) BMV got me as well, ordered 4 that I had on my wait list.

    So sorry to hear of your friend's loss.

    I joined the challenge, will be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about you friend's loss. I hope you were able to complete your LBD in time! I'm going to head over to the post to check out the challenge. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!